Welcome back and thanks for visiting Amigos! It’s been a while since I shared something with you! February is a crazy month for our family… There are so many birthdays and celebrations this month ~ Yikes!
I’ve been cooking and baking a lot more this month, but it really is rough to stop and just blog! I’ve been spending all my time with my family and the people I love…
I suppose that is what Valentines Day is all about… being with the one or ones you love! Among all the excitement, I did manage to remember to take some pics of these Creamy Pink Beauties I taste tested for my Valentine Crew! 💜❤💜
At its core, these Pink Bars are similar to my Blackberry Cashew Cheesecake, but it has some amazing twists that made my lil toddler say it was Yummy-licious! Yep… you heard me, my 3 yr. old said these are Yummy-licious Mommy! 😊 lol… he’s my funny Valentine!
Very Berry Cream Bars:
- Ingredients for Nutter-Butter Crust:
- 2 teaspoons of Coconut Nectar
- 2-3 Cups Mixed Nuts (Almonds & Cashews/depending on how thick you like your crust).
- Wash & soak mixed nuts for 24 hrs.
- ¾ Cup Medjool Dates (remove pits)
- 1-2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon.
Instructions for Nutter-Butter Crust:
- Briefly process all ingredients until you get a rough, sticky crust mixture.
- Process only 1-2 minutes max
- Line a Square Pan with Parchment Paper.
- Evenly pat down the crust into a square pan.
- Place Crust in freezer while preparing Pink Mix.
- 3 cups Almonds & Cashews (soaked 24 hrs)
- ¼ Cup Fresh Lemon Juice (or more)
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Nectar
- ¼ Cup Coconut Manna
- ¾ Cup Room Temp, Raw Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 10 Organic Strawberries
- 20 Organic Raspberries
Instructions for Very Berry Filling:
- Process together until smooth & creamy.
- It will taste absolutely Yummy & Deeelicious!
- Spread Valentine Mix on Frozen Nutter-Butter Crust.
- Cover pan, then set infreezer.
- Allow to harden a min of 3-5 hours or overnight.
Strawberry & Raspberry Topping:
- ¾ Cup of Organic Strawberries
- ¾ Cup of Organic Raspberries
- ½ Large Organic Banana *Optional
- ½ Tablespoon Coconut Nectar
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- (more lemon if you like it thinner)
- Blend ingredients until just liquified.
- When Frozen, remove cake by gripping the paper.
- Gently Tug the Parchment Paper & remove it.
- Cut the Pink Valentine by creating Square Bars!
- Place slices of fresh strawberries over each Bar.
- Drizzle the sauce over each slice & enjoy!
These are super Yummy Yummy Baby! Wishing you all a Sweet & Loving Valentine’s Day!
Remember… “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line”. – Lucille Ball! 😊
Sending you everlasting health & wellness! ~ Dr. D
Persimmons, Bananas & Dates… Oh my! A Yummy Raw Vegan Treat You & Baby Can Eat ~ Even on The Fly!
It was pouring cats and dogs outside and we were stuck in our time share room…Yes, we are “those” people that love and enjoy our time share ! 🌴:) 🐳🌴
We were on a vacation to celebrate our toddler’s birthday, and of course, what would a birthday be with out a sweet celebratory dessert?!? I planned on waking up early, walking to the market and whipping up his favorite YummyYummyBaby treat, but the lightning, thunder and rain were being relentless…
Uh oh, my family would be up in a couple of hours, what was I going to do?!!? Luckily, we always travel with fruit & veggies… We are bound to have something in our fridge that would result in a Yummy treat.. something… Hmmm??? We have Persimmons, Dates, Bananas, Coconut Water, Raspberries, Blackberries, Blueberries, Mangos, Kiwis, various greens, glass cups, bowls and a blender…
The week before last, I observed two people cyber-fighting about who owned a delicious persimmon pie recipe, but I have a strong hunch it may be one of those simple recipes many people have recreated a version of… It was the perfect inspiration!
Here is my result of desperately needing a YummyYummyBaby Birthday treat on a Super Stormy December Day!
Yummy Persimmon Cups!
- 1/2 of Very Ripe Persimmon per Cup
- 1 1/2 Medjool Dates per Cup
- 1/3 Ripe Banana per Cup
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Coconut Water
- Optional ~ 1 tsp each: Cloves, Cinnamon, Nutmeg
- Decide quantity of cups, buy Fruits accordingly.
- Dessert cups
Date Layer (Bottom)
- Open all the dates and remove the pits.
- Mash Dates in the bottom of each Cup. (use 1-2)
Banana Layer (Middle)
- In a separate bowl, mash all the bananas.
- Spread a big scoop of bananas over the dates.
Persimmon Layer (Top)
- Peel the Persimmons and place in bowl.
- Mash/Blend persimmons, Coconut Water & Spices.
- Spread Persimmons over the bananas.
Option 1: (Chunky~Mashed Persimmon Cups)
- Peel the Persimmons. (eat or discard peels)
- Mix in the spices and stir really well.
- Mash the very ripe Persimmons with a fork, it will be Chunky & Delicious!!
- Place a healthy scoop of Persimmon over the Banana Layer!
Option 2: (Fluffy, Blended, Aerated Persimmons)
- Peel the Persimmons.
- Add Persimmons, Spices, Coconut water to High Speed Blender.
- Blend Persimmons about 20 seconds (nutribullet/high speed blender).
- Persimmons will become very fluffy and aerated!
*Yummy, Healthy, Easy for babies & toddlers to eat
*Option 3: (Fruit on top of Persimmon)
- Add tiny slices of fruit on top of persimmon layer.
- Add chunks of fruit on top of persimmon layer.
All versions are delicious, it all depends what texture suits your family needs!
While stuck in our time share room, there were so many obstacles in my creative way… I didn’t have any spices, but it was still very YummyYummyBaby! After coming home, the rain was gone and I could see and think clearly while creating this blog version… hahaha! I added the Organic Spices and it knocked it up a couple of holiday notches!
Mmmm… I love the smell of fresh Lavender, it is such a sweet and lovely scent. Essential Oils can actually help improve your health, are typically Vegan and can be a healthier alternative than perfumes. Every time I wear my essential oils to a gathering, I always here mmmm…. lol 😉
Perfumes can have so much toxins in them, are usually not Vegan and overall are not worth the health risk for me. Isn’t it awesome that we can wear a natural scent that smells good and is actually helping our health and well being?
The best Lavender Oil I have ever had is one I made myself from an essential oils course I completed at a Lavender Farm in Ojai, California. Consider learning more about herbs and oils, it is so much fun!
Lavender is one of the most gentle and versatile essential oils, and is very relaxing and calming. It is excellent for use with children because of its gentle aroma.
Lavender helps relieve headaches and is beneficial for respiratory problems such as asthma, bronchitis, colds, flu, coughs and sore throat. You can easily add Lavender to your family Vaporizer.
See here if interested in using the Tea Tree Oil Cleaner, you can add 10 drops of Lavender Oil to it and shake it up really well…
Research shows the scent of lavender can lower your heart rate and blood pressure, creating a relaxed state. To set yourself up for some sweet dreams, you can rub some lavender in your hand then rub your pillow, or spritz some on a handkerchief next to your pillow, or put a handful of dried lavender in a vase on your nightstand—or use a diffuser with lavender oil.
Better yet, you can do what I do… eat Culinary Lavender!
🌱 8 Sprigs pesticide-free fresh Lavender flowers (culinary lavender), plus flowers for decorating (optional)
🌱 ¼ Cup Fresh Lime Juice & Finely Grated Zest of 2 Limes
🌱 ¼ Cup Vegan butter substitute, softened (I use coconut oil)
🌱 ¾ Cup Super Fine Sugar (coconut sugar will change the color & flavor of the cupcakes but works great)
🌱 2 Egg Replacers
🌱 1½ cups Gluten-free all-purpose flour blend of your choice, without gums
🌱 2 Teaspoons Baking powder
🌱 ¼ Teaspoon Sea salt
🌱 ½ Cup Dairy-free milk (I use coconut)
Instructions for Baking Cupcakes
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Line 12-section muffin pan with paper liners (or omit liners and grease the pan)
3) Separate the flowers from the Lavender sprigs. Place in a food processor, add the Superfine Sugar, Dairy-Free butter, Lime Zest.
4) Process until Pale and Fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a Large bowl.
5) Add Egg replacement; Stir until mixture is Uniform.
6) In a separate bowl, Whisk Flour, Baking Powder and Sea salt.
7) Add Half of Flour mixture to Sugar Mixture; Stir.
8) Pour in Milk; Stir, add remaining Flour & Stir until batter is Smooth.
9) Spoon Batter into prepared pan, dividing evenly between sections.
10) Bake 12-15 minutes, let cupcakes rise & turn light golden brown on top.
11) Remove from oven to cool, then frost as desired.
1 Drop Organic Culinary Grade Lavender Oil
1 and half Cups of Confectioner’s Sugar
Juice of a medium Lemon, or as much as needed.
Instructions for Frosting:
1) Sift the confectioners’ sugar into a bowl.
2) Stir in the Lavender Oil, Lemon juice, a few drops at a time. The Lemon-Lavender icing should be thick but easy to spread. If it is too thick, add a little more lemon juice.
3) Spread the icing over the cooled cupcakes. (use a knife dipped in hot water if too sticky)
4) Let stand until the icing is set, about 1 hour.
5) Decorate the cupcakes with fresh lavender flowers. The cupcakes will keep, stored in an airtight container without the flower garnish, for up to 3 days.
Serves 8 to 10… Yummy Yummy Baby!
***Less can be more with Lavender, go slowly with it until you learn what works for your taste buds
The frosting in this above pic was made using the same recipe as above, however, I added fresh Blackberries to the mix! So yummy!!!
Adiós amigo… come see us again!
Dr. Dee xoxoxo