If there is one thing I truly miss about being Vegan… it is Cheese! For those who are lactose intolerant and/or Vegan, I am sure you can relate! It is not so much the cheese taste I miss, but more the creamy, cheesy texture and the food that accompanies cheese. Initially, I really missed items like Mac n Cheese, Jalapeño Poppers and CHEESECAKE!
After visiting the Gruyere Cheese Castle in Switzerland, I never thought I would completely give up Cheese, but here I am today, supporting my long term health and supporting animal rights. I have a great Vegan Mac n Cheese Recipe, I am working on the Jalapeño poppers, and here is a third version of my Cashew Cheesecake… Mmmm, Yummy Blackberry Cheesecake!
Again, I can honestly say that I love my Raw-Vegan Cheesecake more than regular cheesecake. One of the many great things about this dessert, is that it is really guilt free! Yay!
Why is this Cheesecake guilt free? Not only is it Raw-Vegan, it is lower in calories, low and the gylcemic index, and it is topped with Yummy Blackberry Super Fruit that has tremendous health benefits!
8 Nutritional Benefits of Blackberries:
- Very High in Antioxidants
- Very High in Tannins
- Very High in Vitamin C
- Very High in Dietary Fiber
- Very High in Anthocyanins
- Very High in Vitamin K
- Very High in Anti-Aging Properties
- Very High in ORAC (Oxygen Radiance Absorbing Capacity)
In a 2006 study published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, scientists concluded that the Antioxidants in Blackberries are far superior to the majority of other foods. Given all of Blackberries super components, scientists have concluded that regular consumption of Blackberries may provide incredible medical benefits.
8 Reasons Blackberries are a Super Fruit:
- Fights Cancer
- Protects Vision
- Protects Bones
- Prevents Diabetes
- Protects your Heart
- Improves Cognition
- Improves Digestion
- Protects Immune System
For at least 400 centuries, Blackberries have been used medicinally to fight infection, pleurisy and lung inflammation. People are rarely allergic to Blackberries, so chances are, you will get to enjoy their benefits too! Now that scientist have discovered Antioxidants, you can see why Blackberries are being used by Nutritionist and Dieticians all over the world. Blackberries are one of the yummiest disease fighting fruits that exist, truly one of nature’s biggest gifts! Here is my Yummy gift to you!
Recipe for Blackberry Cheesecake:
Sweet & Nutty Crust:
3/4 cup Dates (remove pits)
1 1/2 cups Mixed Nuts (Washed, Pre-soaked Walnuts, Almonds, Cashews)
I also added a drizzle of Raw Coconut Nectar (optional)
- Surround the inside of a round cake pan with wax paper.
- Process dates and nuts together until you get a rough, sticky mixture
- Using your hands, pat down mixture into the bottom of the cake/pie pan.
- Place it in your freezer while you prepare the cake.
3 cups Cashews (preferably soaked for 24 hrs)
1/4 Cup of Fresh Lemon Juice (more may be needed)
2/3 cup Coconut Nectar
3/4 cup Room Temp, Raw Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon of Sea Salt
Seeds from 1/2 Vanilla Pod
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy. It will taste… Deeelicious!
- Pour the Cashew Mix onto the frozen crust in the pan
- Set in the freezer until it has the hardness you want (3-5 hours or overnight).
1 1/2 Cups of Organic Blackberries
1/4 Large Organic Banana
1/2 Tablespoon of Raw Coconut Nectar
1 Tablespoon of Fresh Lemon Juice (use more if you want it thinner)
- Blend all the ingredients together until it is almost liquified… I use Nutribullet!
- Spread half the Blackberry Sauce on the Cheesecake,
- Carefully cover it, then put it back in the freezer.
- After it is frozen, take it out of the cake pan by holding onto the wax paper, then tugging.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce over each slice and enjoy, it is Yummy Yummy Baby!
Stay Healthy & Happy, Dr. Dee 🙂