Mmmm… I love the smell of fresh Lavender, it is such a sweet and lovely scent. Essential Oils can actually help improve your health, are typically Vegan and can be a healthier alternative than perfumes. Every time I wear my essential oils to a gathering, I always here mmmm…. lol 😉
Perfumes can have so much toxins in them, are usually not Vegan and overall are not worth the health risk for me. Isn’t it awesome that we can wear a natural scent that smells good and is actually helping our health and well being?
The best Lavender Oil I have ever had is one I made myself from an essential oils course I completed at a Lavender Farm in Ojai, California. Consider learning more about herbs and oils, it is so much fun!
Lavender is one of the most gentle and versatile essential oils, and is very relaxing and calming. It is excellent for use with children because of its gentle aroma.
Lavender helps relieve headaches and is beneficial for respiratory problems such as asthma, bronchitis, colds, flu, coughs and sore throat. You can easily add Lavender to your family Vaporizer.
See here if interested in using the Tea Tree Oil Cleaner, you can add 10 drops of Lavender Oil to it and shake it up really well…
Research shows the scent of lavender can lower your heart rate and blood pressure, creating a relaxed state. To set yourself up for some sweet dreams, you can rub some lavender in your hand then rub your pillow, or spritz some on a handkerchief next to your pillow, or put a handful of dried lavender in a vase on your nightstand—or use a diffuser with lavender oil.
Better yet, you can do what I do… eat Culinary Lavender!
🌱 8 Sprigs pesticide-free fresh Lavender flowers (culinary lavender), plus flowers for decorating (optional)
🌱 ¼ Cup Fresh Lime Juice & Finely Grated Zest of 2 Limes
🌱 ¼ Cup Vegan butter substitute, softened (I use coconut oil)
🌱 ¾ Cup Super Fine Sugar (coconut sugar will change the color & flavor of the cupcakes but works great)
🌱 2 Egg Replacers
🌱 1½ cups Gluten-free all-purpose flour blend of your choice, without gums
🌱 2 Teaspoons Baking powder
🌱 ¼ Teaspoon Sea salt
🌱 ½ Cup Dairy-free milk (I use coconut)
Instructions for Baking Cupcakes
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Line 12-section muffin pan with paper liners (or omit liners and grease the pan)
3) Separate the flowers from the Lavender sprigs. Place in a food processor, add the Superfine Sugar, Dairy-Free butter, Lime Zest.
4) Process until Pale and Fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a Large bowl.
5) Add Egg replacement; Stir until mixture is Uniform.
6) In a separate bowl, Whisk Flour, Baking Powder and Sea salt.
7) Add Half of Flour mixture to Sugar Mixture; Stir.
8) Pour in Milk; Stir, add remaining Flour & Stir until batter is Smooth.
9) Spoon Batter into prepared pan, dividing evenly between sections.
10) Bake 12-15 minutes, let cupcakes rise & turn light golden brown on top.
11) Remove from oven to cool, then frost as desired.
1 Drop Organic Culinary Grade Lavender Oil
1 and half Cups of Confectioner’s Sugar
Juice of a medium Lemon, or as much as needed.
Instructions for Frosting:
1) Sift the confectioners’ sugar into a bowl.
2) Stir in the Lavender Oil, Lemon juice, a few drops at a time. The Lemon-Lavender icing should be thick but easy to spread. If it is too thick, add a little more lemon juice.
3) Spread the icing over the cooled cupcakes. (use a knife dipped in hot water if too sticky)
4) Let stand until the icing is set, about 1 hour.
5) Decorate the cupcakes with fresh lavender flowers. The cupcakes will keep, stored in an airtight container without the flower garnish, for up to 3 days.
Serves 8 to 10… Yummy Yummy Baby!
***Less can be more with Lavender, go slowly with it until you learn what works for your taste buds
The frosting in this above pic was made using the same recipe as above, however, I added fresh Blackberries to the mix! So yummy!!!
Adiós amigo… come see us again!
Dr. Dee xoxoxo