Persimmons, Bananas & Dates… Oh my! A Yummy Raw Vegan Treat You & Baby Can Eat ~ Even on The Fly!
It was pouring cats and dogs outside and we were stuck in our time share room…Yes, we are “those” people that love and enjoy our time share ! 🌴:) 🐳🌴
We were on a vacation to celebrate our toddler’s birthday, and of course, what would a birthday be with out a sweet celebratory dessert?!? I planned on waking up early, walking to the market and whipping up his favorite YummyYummyBaby treat, but the lightning, thunder and rain were being relentless…
Uh oh, my family would be up in a couple of hours, what was I going to do?!!? Luckily, we always travel with fruit & veggies… We are bound to have something in our fridge that would result in a Yummy treat.. something… Hmmm??? We have Persimmons, Dates, Bananas, Coconut Water, Raspberries, Blackberries, Blueberries, Mangos, Kiwis, various greens, glass cups, bowls and a blender…
The week before last, I observed two people cyber-fighting about who owned a delicious persimmon pie recipe, but I have a strong hunch it may be one of those simple recipes many people have recreated a version of… It was the perfect inspiration!
Here is my result of desperately needing a YummyYummyBaby Birthday treat on a Super Stormy December Day!
Yummy Persimmon Cups!
- 1/2 of Very Ripe Persimmon per Cup
- 1 1/2 Medjool Dates per Cup
- 1/3 Ripe Banana per Cup
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Coconut Water
- Optional ~ 1 tsp each: Cloves, Cinnamon, Nutmeg
- Decide quantity of cups, buy Fruits accordingly.
- Dessert cups
Date Layer (Bottom)
- Open all the dates and remove the pits.
- Mash Dates in the bottom of each Cup. (use 1-2)
Banana Layer (Middle)
- In a separate bowl, mash all the bananas.
- Spread a big scoop of bananas over the dates.
Persimmon Layer (Top)
- Peel the Persimmons and place in bowl.
- Mash/Blend persimmons, Coconut Water & Spices.
- Spread Persimmons over the bananas.
Option 1: (Chunky~Mashed Persimmon Cups)
- Peel the Persimmons. (eat or discard peels)
- Mix in the spices and stir really well.
- Mash the very ripe Persimmons with a fork, it will be Chunky & Delicious!!
- Place a healthy scoop of Persimmon over the Banana Layer!
Option 2: (Fluffy, Blended, Aerated Persimmons)
- Peel the Persimmons.
- Add Persimmons, Spices, Coconut water to High Speed Blender.
- Blend Persimmons about 20 seconds (nutribullet/high speed blender).
- Persimmons will become very fluffy and aerated!
*Yummy, Healthy, Easy for babies & toddlers to eat
*Option 3: (Fruit on top of Persimmon)
- Add tiny slices of fruit on top of persimmon layer.
- Add chunks of fruit on top of persimmon layer.
All versions are delicious, it all depends what texture suits your family needs!
While stuck in our time share room, there were so many obstacles in my creative way… I didn’t have any spices, but it was still very YummyYummyBaby! After coming home, the rain was gone and I could see and think clearly while creating this blog version… hahaha! I added the Organic Spices and it knocked it up a couple of holiday notches!