Very Berry Vegan Cheesecake Bars! 🍓
Welcome back and thanks for visiting Amigos! It’s been a while since I shared something with you! February is a crazy month for our family… There are so many birthdays and celebrations this month ~ Yikes!
I’ve been cooking and baking a lot more this month, but it really is rough to stop and just blog! I’ve been spending all my time with my family and the people I love…
I suppose that is what Valentines Day is all about… being with the one or ones you love! Among all the excitement, I did manage to remember to take some pics of these Creamy Pink Beauties I taste tested for my Valentine Crew! 💜❤💜
At its core, these Pink Bars are similar to my Blackberry Cashew Cheesecake, but it has some amazing twists that made my lil toddler say it was Yummy-licious! Yep… you heard me, my 3 yr. old said these are Yummy-licious Mommy! 😊 lol… he’s my funny Valentine!
Very Berry Cream Bars:
- Ingredients for Nutter-Butter Crust:
- 2 teaspoons of Coconut Nectar
- 2-3 Cups Mixed Nuts (Almonds & Cashews/depending on how thick you like your crust).
- Wash & soak mixed nuts for 24 hrs.
- ¾ Cup Medjool Dates (remove pits)
- 1-2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon.
Instructions for Nutter-Butter Crust:
- Briefly process all ingredients until you get a rough, sticky crust mixture.
- Process only 1-2 minutes max
- Line a Square Pan with Parchment Paper.
- Evenly pat down the crust into a square pan.
- Place Crust in freezer while preparing Pink Mix.
- 3 cups Almonds & Cashews (soaked 24 hrs)
- ¼ Cup Fresh Lemon Juice (or more)
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Nectar
- ¼ Cup Coconut Manna
- ¾ Cup Room Temp, Raw Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 10 Organic Strawberries
- 20 Organic Raspberries
Instructions for Very Berry Filling:
- Process together until smooth & creamy.
- It will taste absolutely Yummy & Deeelicious!
- Spread Valentine Mix on Frozen Nutter-Butter Crust.
- Cover pan, then set infreezer.
- Allow to harden a min of 3-5 hours or overnight.
Strawberry & Raspberry Topping:
- ¾ Cup of Organic Strawberries
- ¾ Cup of Organic Raspberries
- ½ Large Organic Banana *Optional
- ½ Tablespoon Coconut Nectar
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- (more lemon if you like it thinner)
- Blend ingredients until just liquified.
- When Frozen, remove cake by gripping the paper.
- Gently Tug the Parchment Paper & remove it.
- Cut the Pink Valentine by creating Square Bars!
- Place slices of fresh strawberries over each Bar.
- Drizzle the sauce over each slice & enjoy!
These are super Yummy Yummy Baby! Wishing you all a Sweet & Loving Valentine’s Day!
Remember… “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line”. – Lucille Ball! 😊
Sending you everlasting health & wellness! ~ Dr. D
Playful Persimmon Cups! Yummy Vegan Treat You & Baby Can Eat!
Persimmons, Bananas & Dates… Oh my! A Yummy Raw Vegan Treat You & Baby Can Eat ~ Even on The Fly!
It was pouring cats and dogs outside and we were stuck in our time share room…Yes, we are “those” people that love and enjoy our time share ! 🌴:) 🐳🌴
We were on a vacation to celebrate our toddler’s birthday, and of course, what would a birthday be with out a sweet celebratory dessert?!? I planned on waking up early, walking to the market and whipping up his favorite YummyYummyBaby treat, but the lightning, thunder and rain were being relentless…
Uh oh, my family would be up in a couple of hours, what was I going to do?!!? Luckily, we always travel with fruit & veggies… We are bound to have something in our fridge that would result in a Yummy treat.. something… Hmmm??? We have Persimmons, Dates, Bananas, Coconut Water, Raspberries, Blackberries, Blueberries, Mangos, Kiwis, various greens, glass cups, bowls and a blender…
Yes! Yes! Yes! I figured it out… Persimmons, Bananas and Dates!
The week before last, I observed two people cyber-fighting about who owned a delicious persimmon pie recipe, but I have a strong hunch it may be one of those simple recipes many people have recreated a version of… It was the perfect inspiration!
Here is my result of desperately needing a YummyYummyBaby Birthday treat on a Super Stormy December Day!
Yummy Persimmon Cups!
- 1/2 of Very Ripe Persimmon per Cup
- 1 1/2 Medjool Dates per Cup
- 1/3 Ripe Banana per Cup
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Coconut Water
- Optional ~ 1 tsp each: Cloves, Cinnamon, Nutmeg
- Decide quantity of cups, buy Fruits accordingly.
- Dessert cups
Date Layer (Bottom)
- Open all the dates and remove the pits.
- Mash Dates in the bottom of each Cup. (use 1-2)
Banana Layer (Middle)
- In a separate bowl, mash all the bananas.
- Spread a big scoop of bananas over the dates.
Persimmon Layer (Top)
- Peel the Persimmons and place in bowl.
- Mash/Blend persimmons, Coconut Water & Spices.
- Spread Persimmons over the bananas.
Option 1: (Chunky~Mashed Persimmon Cups)
- Peel the Persimmons. (eat or discard peels)
- Mix in the spices and stir really well.
- Mash the very ripe Persimmons with a fork, it will be Chunky & Delicious!!
- Place a healthy scoop of Persimmon over the Banana Layer!
Option 2: (Fluffy, Blended, Aerated Persimmons)
- Peel the Persimmons.
- Add Persimmons, Spices, Coconut water to High Speed Blender.
- Blend Persimmons about 20 seconds (nutribullet/high speed blender).
- Persimmons will become very fluffy and aerated!
*Yummy, Healthy, Easy for babies & toddlers to eat
*Option 3: (Fruit on top of Persimmon)
- Add tiny slices of fruit on top of persimmon layer.
- Add chunks of fruit on top of persimmon layer.
All versions are delicious, it all depends what texture suits your family needs!
While stuck in our time share room, there were so many obstacles in my creative way… I didn’t have any spices, but it was still very YummyYummyBaby! After coming home, the rain was gone and I could see and think clearly while creating this blog version… hahaha! I added the Organic Spices and it knocked it up a couple of holiday notches!
Play with the recipe and have fun! Persimmons are full of Vitamin C, Antioxidants and Fiber! These Persimmon Cups are such a Healthy and Yummy treat your entire family can eat! Yay!!!