Welcome back and thanks for visiting Amigos! It’s been a while since I shared something with you! February is a crazy month for our family… There are so many birthdays and celebrations this month ~ Yikes!
I’ve been cooking and baking a lot more this month, but it really is rough to stop and just blog! I’ve been spending all my time with my family and the people I love…
I suppose that is what Valentines Day is all about… being with the one or ones you love! Among all the excitement, I did manage to remember to take some pics of these Creamy Pink Beauties I taste tested for my Valentine Crew! 💜❤💜
At its core, these Pink Bars are similar to my Blackberry Cashew Cheesecake, but it has some amazing twists that made my lil toddler say it was Yummy-licious! Yep… you heard me, my 3 yr. old said these are Yummy-licious Mommy! 😊 lol… he’s my funny Valentine!
Very Berry Cream Bars:
- Ingredients for Nutter-Butter Crust:
- 2 teaspoons of Coconut Nectar
- 2-3 Cups Mixed Nuts (Almonds & Cashews/depending on how thick you like your crust).
- Wash & soak mixed nuts for 24 hrs.
- ¾ Cup Medjool Dates (remove pits)
- 1-2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon.
Instructions for Nutter-Butter Crust:
- Briefly process all ingredients until you get a rough, sticky crust mixture.
- Process only 1-2 minutes max
- Line a Square Pan with Parchment Paper.
- Evenly pat down the crust into a square pan.
- Place Crust in freezer while preparing Pink Mix.
- 3 cups Almonds & Cashews (soaked 24 hrs)
- ¼ Cup Fresh Lemon Juice (or more)
- 2/3 Cup Coconut Nectar
- ¼ Cup Coconut Manna
- ¾ Cup Room Temp, Raw Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 10 Organic Strawberries
- 20 Organic Raspberries
Instructions for Very Berry Filling:
- Process together until smooth & creamy.
- It will taste absolutely Yummy & Deeelicious!
- Spread Valentine Mix on Frozen Nutter-Butter Crust.
- Cover pan, then set infreezer.
- Allow to harden a min of 3-5 hours or overnight.
Strawberry & Raspberry Topping:
- ¾ Cup of Organic Strawberries
- ¾ Cup of Organic Raspberries
- ½ Large Organic Banana *Optional
- ½ Tablespoon Coconut Nectar
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- (more lemon if you like it thinner)
- Blend ingredients until just liquified.
- When Frozen, remove cake by gripping the paper.
- Gently Tug the Parchment Paper & remove it.
- Cut the Pink Valentine by creating Square Bars!
- Place slices of fresh strawberries over each Bar.
- Drizzle the sauce over each slice & enjoy!
These are super Yummy Yummy Baby! Wishing you all a Sweet & Loving Valentine’s Day!
Remember… “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line”. – Lucille Ball! 😊
Sending you everlasting health & wellness! ~ Dr. D
If there is one thing I truly miss about being Vegan… it is Cheese! For those who are lactose intolerant and/or Vegan, I am sure you can relate! It is not so much the cheese taste I miss, but more the creamy, cheesy texture and the food that accompanies cheese. Initially, I really missed items like Mac n Cheese, Jalapeño Poppers and CHEESECAKE!
After visiting the Gruyere Cheese Castle in Switzerland, I never thought I would completely give up Cheese, but here I am today, supporting my long term health and supporting animal rights. I have a great Vegan Mac n Cheese Recipe, I am working on the Jalapeño poppers, and here is a third version of my Cashew Cheesecake… Mmmm, Yummy Blackberry Cheesecake!
Again, I can honestly say that I love my Raw-Vegan Cheesecake more than regular cheesecake. One of the many great things about this dessert, is that it is really guilt free! Yay!
Why is this Cheesecake guilt free? Not only is it Raw-Vegan, it is lower in calories, low and the gylcemic index, and it is topped with Yummy Blackberry Super Fruit that has tremendous health benefits!
8 Nutritional Benefits of Blackberries:
- Very High in Antioxidants
- Very High in Tannins
- Very High in Vitamin C
- Very High in Dietary Fiber
- Very High in Anthocyanins
- Very High in Vitamin K
- Very High in Anti-Aging Properties
- Very High in ORAC (Oxygen Radiance Absorbing Capacity)
In a 2006 study published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, scientists concluded that the Antioxidants in Blackberries are far superior to the majority of other foods. Given all of Blackberries super components, scientists have concluded that regular consumption of Blackberries may provide incredible medical benefits.
8 Reasons Blackberries are a Super Fruit:
- Fights Cancer
- Protects Vision
- Protects Bones
- Prevents Diabetes
- Protects your Heart
- Improves Cognition
- Improves Digestion
- Protects Immune System
For at least 400 centuries, Blackberries have been used medicinally to fight infection, pleurisy and lung inflammation. People are rarely allergic to Blackberries, so chances are, you will get to enjoy their benefits too! Now that scientist have discovered Antioxidants, you can see why Blackberries are being used by Nutritionist and Dieticians all over the world. Blackberries are one of the yummiest disease fighting fruits that exist, truly one of nature’s biggest gifts! Here is my Yummy gift to you!
Recipe for Blackberry Cheesecake:
Sweet & Nutty Crust:
3/4 cup Dates (remove pits)
1 1/2 cups Mixed Nuts (Washed, Pre-soaked Walnuts, Almonds, Cashews)
I also added a drizzle of Raw Coconut Nectar (optional)
- Surround the inside of a round cake pan with wax paper.
- Process dates and nuts together until you get a rough, sticky mixture
- Using your hands, pat down mixture into the bottom of the cake/pie pan.
- Place it in your freezer while you prepare the cake.
3 cups Cashews (preferably soaked for 24 hrs)
1/4 Cup of Fresh Lemon Juice (more may be needed)
2/3 cup Coconut Nectar
3/4 cup Room Temp, Raw Coconut Oil
1 teaspoon of Sea Salt
Seeds from 1/2 Vanilla Pod
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy. It will taste… Deeelicious!
- Pour the Cashew Mix onto the frozen crust in the pan
- Set in the freezer until it has the hardness you want (3-5 hours or overnight).
1 1/2 Cups of Organic Blackberries
1/4 Large Organic Banana
1/2 Tablespoon of Raw Coconut Nectar
1 Tablespoon of Fresh Lemon Juice (use more if you want it thinner)
- Blend all the ingredients together until it is almost liquified… I use Nutribullet!
- Spread half the Blackberry Sauce on the Cheesecake,
- Carefully cover it, then put it back in the freezer.
- After it is frozen, take it out of the cake pan by holding onto the wax paper, then tugging.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce over each slice and enjoy, it is Yummy Yummy Baby!
Stay Healthy & Happy, Dr. Dee 🙂