Recipe for a Vegan Probiotic filled Yummy Yummy Coconut Yogurt!
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 24 hours Makes: 1 quart Ingredients:
11 ounces of Homemade Coconut Milk or 2 cans full-fat Organic Coconut Milk 2 Probiotic Capsules
Instructions: Blend coconut milk with contents of probiotic capsules. Transfer to a 1 quart glass jar with a tight-fitting lid. Store somewhere warm, like an oven or a window sill. After 24-48 hours, it should smell like yogurt. It may be runny, more like kefir than yogurt. If you prefer, leave it out longer. After 48-72 hours, it should be thick and have a more tangy flavor. Store in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
*** Side notes:
- Use an oven light to help create more warmth.
- If you want a sweeter yogurt, mix in Coconut Nectar or Fruit.
- Some Probiotics work better than others. please experiment.
- The homemade coconut milk doesn’t work as well, but BPA free.
- If you are ok with BPA, canned milk works really well & is thicker.
Stay Healthy & Happy! ~ Dr. Dee