Lavender-Lemon-Lime Cupcakes Recipe – Yummy Yummy Baby!
8 Sprigs pesticide-free fresh lavender flowers (culinary lavender), plus flowers for decorating (optional)
1/4 Cup Fresh Lime Juice & Finely Grated Zest of 2 Limes
¼ Cup Dairy-free butter substitute, softened (I use coconut oil) ¾ Cup Super Fine Sugar (coconut sugar will change the color & flavor of the cupcakes but it works) Egg Replacer, 1½ cups Gluten-free all-purpose flour blend of your choice, without gums 2 Teaspoons Baking powder ¼ Teaspoon Sea salt ½ Cup Dairy-free milk (I use coconut milk, but use milk of choice)
Instructions for Baking Cupcakes
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 2) Line 12-section muffin pan with paper liners (or omit liners and grease the pan)
3) Strip the flowers from the Lavender sprigs. Place in a food processor, add the Superfine Sugar, Dairy-Free butter, Lime Zest.
4) Process until Pale and Fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a Large bowl.
5) Add Egg replacement; Stir until mixture is Uniform.
6) In a separate bowl, Whisk Flour, Baking Powder and Sea salt.
7) Add Half of Flour mixture to Sugar Mixture; Stir.
8) Pour in Vegan Milk; Stir, add remaining Flour & Stir until batter is Smooth.
9) Spoon Batter into prepared pan, dividing evenly between sections.
10) Bake 12-15 minutes, let cupcakes rise & turn light golden brown on top.
11) Remove from oven to cool, then frost as desired.
1 Drop Organic Culinary Grade Lavender Oil
1 and half Cups of Confectioner’s Sugar
Juice of Half a Lemon, or as much as needed
Instructions for Frosting:
1) Sift the confectioners’ sugar into a bowl.
2) Stir in the Lavender Oil, Lemon juice, a few drops at a time. The Lemon-Lavender icing should be thick but easy to spread. If it is too thick, add a little more lemon juice.
3) Spread the icing over the cooled cupcakes. (use a knife dipped in hot water if too sticky)
4) Let stand until the icing is set, about 1 hour.
5) Decorate the cupcakes with fresh lavender flowers. The cupcakes will keep, stored in an airtight container without the flower garnish, for up to 3 days.
Serves 8 to 10… Yummy Yummy Baby!
***Less can be more with Lavender, go slowly with it until you learn what works for your taste buds