Growing up, I always had straight hair, but after two kids and pregnancy hormones, both my toddler and I have crazy curly hair. Hahaha! 😄
The typical hair tamers and straighteners require harsh chemicals, extreme heat and are not Vegan, so we typically just let our curls go wild and free… These following hair methods are Organic, Vegan and Gluten Free. In fact, they are so safe, they can be used on children, pregnant women and women trying to conceive!
8 Natural, Organic & Vegan Remedies To Help Tame The Entire Family’s Hair:
Coconut milk has a great reputation for naturally relaxing and conditioning curly or unruly hair. Coconut Milk is so moisturizing, it will give your hair a beautiful shine and luster. The added Bonus is that when you let the Coconut Milk sit on your scalp, it is antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral, which will keep your scalp infection free.
- Ingredients & Instructions:
- One large Mason jar.
- One Cup of Fresh Coconut Milk.
- Juice from One Organic Lemon or Lime.
- Mix the Coconut milk & Lemon juice in a jar.
- Place glass jar in fridge for a min. of 3-4 hrs.
- It’s ready when a creamy layer forms on top.
- Gently massage hair with this creamy layer.
- Leave the cream on for at least 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, cover head with shower cap.
- Wrap a warm moist towel around shower cap.
- Leave Coconut Cream for another 30-40 mins.
- Wash hair with a gentle shampoo & conditioner.
- Run a Pic or Comb through wet hair & air dry.
Aloe Vera is medicinal in so many ways. Aloe Vera contains several enzymes that promote healthy hair growth & makes hair smooth & soft. Aloe Vera can easily penetrate the hair strands and keeps hair well moisturized and naturally relaxed.
- ½ cup of Aloe Vera Gel.
- ½ cup warm Organic Olive Oil & mix together.
- *Optional, mix in 6 drops of Sandalwood Oil.
- Massage mixture into hair and scalp.
- Cover the hair with a shower cap.
- Cover cap & head with warm moist towel.
- Leave the towel & shower cap on for 2 hrs min.
- (30 mins for children, depending on thickness).
- Rinse & wash with gentle shampoo/conditioner.
3) Rosemary Hot Oil Treatment
- Heat ½ cup of Olive oil.
- ½ cup Dried Rosemary leaves in Hot Olive Oil.
- Strain the mix & allow it to cool down.
- Massage scalp with this Warm Rosemary Mix.
- Leave Rosemary mix on for ½ hour.
- *DON’T USE THIS MASK WHILE PREGNANT!
- Wash with mild shampoo & conditioner.
- Wrap hair with warm towel & dry naturally.
4) Banana Hair Mask
- Mash 2-3 Extremely ripe bananas.
- Add 2 Tablespoons Coconut Nectar or Agave.
- Add 2 Tablespoons Yogurt. (Rice, Soy, Coco)
- Add 2 Tablespoons of Olive oil to the Mixture.
- Mix & mash really well or blend a few seconds.
- Apply Mask on hair & wrap with a shower cap.
- Adults let sit for 1 hr, kids 30 mins, then wash!
- This mask leaves hair healthy, shiny & tamed!
5) Celery Juice Soak
- Extract juice from one bunch of Celery.
- Store Celery juice in a jar & leave it overnight.
- The next day, apply juice on roots & tips of hair.
- Comb hair, then cover it with cap for 45 mins.
- (Toddlers or kids with thinner hair, 30 minutes).
- Gently wash hair & allow it to dry naturally.
6) Tropical Hair Mask:
- Mash 2 very ripe Bananas in a bowl.
- Mash 1 ½ cups Papaya really well.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of Agave/Coconut Nectar.
- Mix all of ingredients together in a bowl.
- Apply the tropical mask on your hair.
- Allow the mask to completely dry on hair.
- Wash hair & enjoy your super soft tresses.
7) Almond Oil Treatment
- Almond Oil is a super easy hair remedy!
- Add 3-4 drops of Almond oil to Conditioner.
- Wash & Condition the hair with it.
- Your hair will be tamed & beautiful.
- Repeat 2-3 times a week max!
- (1-2 drops for toddlers & young children).
8) Hot Sesame Oil
- Heat ½ cup Sesame oil until warm.
- Apply Warm Sesame Oil to hair & scalp.
- Comb hair with a wide-toothed comb.
- Wear a shower cap & leave it on 30-45 mins.
- Rinse it off & wash hair with a mild shampoo.
- (10-15 minutes for toddlers & young children).
All of these foods can be purchased Organically, Vegan & Gluten Free. If your child gets curious and wants to taste some of the hair masks, then go right ahead mommy and daddy… No problem! 👶👶👶 nom nom nom… 😋
I have learned to love my curls and of course we absolutely adore our toddler’s sweet curls!
- A fun way to spend time with our family,
- Easy to sit in the bath with & relax,
- Are compassionate towards animals & our environment.
- Best if repeated 2-3 times a week.
- Are less expensive than salon treatments.
Have fun with these Yummy Hair Masks, I hope they help you love and manage your beautiful tresses!
You are beautiful just the way you are!
Sending you love & light ~ Dr. Dee