Dragon Fruit Finger-Paint: Healthy & Loads of Homemade Fun!
Finger painting is a great activity to do with your toddlers- but we all know lil ones love putting things in their mouth, so its tough on kids who are gmo-free, gluten free and vegan!
No worries – here are our some easy breezy instructions to make your own Edible, Safe, Homemade version of finger-paint with some ingredients you may already have at home!
The added bonus is that while you are having your healthy snack, you can explain that this is how paint was made a long long time ago… Fruits, flowers, herbs – all Nature!
Dragon Fruit Paint Ingredients:
– Ripe Red Dragon Fruit
– Glutenfree Flour
– GMO free Sugar
– GMO free Salt
– Spring Water
– BPA Free Cups
Dragon Fruit Paint Instructions:
– Add 2 Tbsp of Sugar into a sauce pan.
– Add 1 tsp of Salt into it.
– Next add 1/3 cup of flour to the pan.
– Mix with 2 cups of spring water and whisk well until it is very smooth. Turn on low heat and stir continually until the mixture thickens.
– Carefully pour mixture into the plastic cups equally.
– You will need one cup for every color of paint you’d like to make…
* Hot Pink – Red Dragon Fruit
* Purple – Blueberries (heated)
* Gold – Tumeric or Cumin
*My toddler had a great time using only one color, but have at it!
– Mix in about 17-26 drops of Ripe Dragon Fuit juice and stir until completely dissolved!
– Allow the paint to cool completely before allowing your little toddler to stick their fingers in and get really Hot Pink & Silly!
So why Dragon Fruit?
It’s filled with Vitamin C and Vitamin Bs all while improving your immune system and lowering your cholesterol and blood pressure! Dragon Fruit, also known as “Pitahaya” or “Pitaya” is also low in fat and full of fiber – so it’s healthy & beautiful!
Dragon Fruit is also a good natural source of anti-oxidants which help to prevent the dangers of free radicals in our body! The number, quantity, and variety of antioxidants in real food like this is unmatched – so go for it!
Send me some pictures… I’m looking forward to seeing the yummy yummy baby magic you create with the lil one in your life!
Wishing you health & happiness
~ Dr. Dee