Depression and Anxiety are the leading causes of disability worldwide! Hmmm, why is that? 🤔
Some Psychologists and Physicians are unaware that in examining the role of one’s genetics in Depression, we also need to assess our Mental & Food Diet, Toxic Exposure, Acute and Chronic Stress, Endocrine and Autoimmune Imbalance, Vaccine and Medication side effects and Special Synergistic combinations of these contributors that uncover a direct role in Depression and Disease.
Neither humans or animals are a one-size fits all diagnoses and treatment machine, we are individuals that respond well to natural cures that do not necessarily involve pharmaceutical drugs!
It is critical that Health Care providers understand that Humans and Animals are not interchangeable subjects in some randomized trial, we are not only our physical bodies, we are also impacted by our Beliefs, our Friends, our Joy, our Environment and our Stressors.
Every thought and every action that we repeat to ourselves and/or experience while awake or asleep impacts our health and well being.
These stressors can include not having someone positive to talk to, having a heavy or negative negative outlook about life, a stressful home, a stressful career, poverty, illness, a lack of contact with Nature, a lack of Real Sunlight, Air Pollution, too many Processed Foods, Constipation, a Nutrient-Depleted Diet, poor sleep and exposure to Chemicals, Pesticides, Plastics, Vaccines and Flu Shots.
We are our Microbiome, our Mitochondrial functioning and our own Personal Epigenetic Expression and we are our self talk. We each have a unique story, unique stressors and unique genetics that impacts our health.
“Gut-brain communications are mediated by the immune system, endocrine connections such as the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis, and neural pathways involving the enteric nervous system. The gut microbiota is now known to play a pivotal role in gut-brain communications.”
What this means is, if you want your brain to feel better and think happier thoughts, you HAVE TO HEAL YOUR GUT AND HEAL YOUR THOUGHTS!
Again, EVERY positive or negative thought, every food and drink that goes in your stomach, on your skin, in your eyes, in your nose, impacts our mental health.
If you want to improve your overall mood and motivation then heal your self talk and heal your gut/stomach/brain relationship… this will lower your likelihood of mood disorders and diseases in general.
ALL DISEASES START IN THE GUT!
“Depression and Anxiety is not a broken brain, it is a response to your perceived stress – be it physical, emotional, or psychological.”
Our body can attempt to cope with unhealthy thoughts and an unhealthy diet and toxic chemicals by developing Inflammation which can result in the mind reflecting Depression and other Diseases!
We do not have to own the thoughts or foods or experiences that do not serve us. If you are experiencing inflammation, then pay attention to it! Inflammation is your body communicating to you that something needs to be healed, typically these are your thoughts and your gut!
Regardless of whether you have regular bowel movements, gut issues may still be present. Do you have mood swings, PMS, foul gas, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, stomach aches, continuously growing food allergies, eczema, psoriasis, acne, unhealthy cravings? All of these impact your mood and sleep.
Humans have evolved with plants, microbes and animal species to form a delicate web called “Life”.
Again, if you are experiencing Inflammation and a mood disorder such as, Depression/Anxiety, speak with a Functional Nutritionist AND a Psychologist about healing your gut & brain relationship with the following:
1. Vegan & Raw foods.
2. Anti-inflammatory 64oz /day Green Drinks/Smoothies & Supplements.
3. Quality oils, fats, real Sunshine! (Avocado & Coconut Oil)
4. Dairy & Gluten Free Probiotics & Digestive Enzymes that target brain health.
5. Create a Positive Self Statement to repeat daily. (“I am Happy, Healthy, Beautiful & Loved”)
6. Exercise a minimum 4 X a week.
7. Assess whether the Gluten and Dairy are helping or hurting your health… Start eating foods/drinks/supplements that reduce Inflammation.
8. Detox your Mind & Body & drink at least half your weight in High Ph Water (Daily).
These 8 simple changes in your life will drastically improve your chances of dramatically improving all areas of your Physical Health and Psychological Health, especially Depression, Anxiety and Mood Swings!
Depression and other mood disorders are not cured by magical purple pills… Our moods are improved by changing how we think, how we eat, how we drink, how we live and what environmental stressors we are exposed to!
So now that you have a real list of how to improve your mood and health, how are you going to implement it?
1) Either join a gym or start walking, dancing, yoga or your exercise of choice.
2) Consult a Certified Nutritionist or explore the internet for more green Smoothie ideas & Whole Food Recipes from a Certified Functional Nutritionist.
3) Build your immune system and elevate your mood with Daily Sunshine, Healthy food, Herbs, Supplements, Therapy (which may eliminate Big pharma meds)!
4) Buy quality water with a high Ph!
5) Start a garden or a container garden indoors or on your roof.
6) Join a group, a club or anything that gets you around positive people.
7) Follow me on Instagram @ Healthy.Desiree and my blog: YummyYummyBaby.com
8) Cleanse your body of chemicals & toxins!
So do it… get moving today!
Wishing you health & wellness,