Its been a while since I’ve blogged, but this Exotic yummy dish absolutely inspired me!
While visiting Hawaii, I was exposed to so many exotic fruits, but also a lot of meats that I do not eat… I ended up cooking a lot in our time share, which resulted in this Exotic Fusion of flavors that are to die for! Im obsessed!
I’ve made them with 3 different fillings, but I’m going to share my 2 favorite!
- 3 Large Ripe Mangos (diced)
- 3 Large Ripe Avocados (diced)
- 2 Large Tomatoes (dices)
- 2 Medium Limes (juiced)
- 1 Small Cilantro Bunch (leaves only)
- 6 Green Onions (finely chopped)
- Sea Salt to taste (optional)
- White Pepper to taste (optional)
- 1 medium diced Jalapeño (optional)
- Prepare all ingredients & place in a large bowl.
- Pour the lime juice over ingredients & gently toss.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Allow flavors to incorporate for at least 20 minutes.
- 1 Small/Medium Red Cabbage Head
- 1 Small/Medium Green Cabbage Head
- Gently clean off any dirt/residue off the Cabbage.
- Cut off a 1/4 of the Cabbage Head to form bowls.
- Slowly & Carefully peal each leaf off one at a time.
- Do your best to create nice little cups that will hold food.
Exotic Thai Noodles:
- 3-4 Large Green or Yellow Zucchini
- 1 Spiralizer or Potato peeler
- In my pic, I used Tofu Noodles…
- You can substitute any type of Noodles you want!
- Wash Zucchini.
- Spiralize noodles or you can peel Zucchini Shavings.
- If you are using store noodles, then prepare accordingly!
- Set Noodles aside while you prepare Thai sauce…
Exotic Thai Sauce:
- 1/2 Cup Creamy or Chunky Almond Butter (or Peanut/Cashew)
- 1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil (or Avocado/Vegetable Oil)
- 4 teaspoons of Spicy Sesame Oil (use plain to avoid heat)
- 2 Tablespoons Tamari
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Aminos (or Soy Sauce/Braggs)
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Nectar (or Agave nectar/Maple Syrup)
- 3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar (or White Vinegar)
- 1 Lime (Juiced)
- 1-2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger Root (peeled then grated)
- Whisk ingredients in a bowl until well incorporated.
- Plain Sesame Oil works well if you are serving kids.
- Start with 1 Garlic Clove then add more if desired.
- Although Tamari & Soy Sauce are similar, I add both!
- Play with consistency by adding a tsp. water or more of each flavor.
Exotic Mango Thai Wraps:
- Gently mix your Zoodles & Thai Sauce together.
- Prepare them room temp or warm Zoodles & Sauce together.
- Fill each Cabbage Bowl with 1-2 Tablespoons of Zoodles.
- Place about 1-2 Tablespoons of Mango Fusion on Zoodles.
- Squeeze more Lime juice on top.
- Now devour them at your Leisure!
I’m warning you… they are addicting!
***Although my husband likes the noodles best, my favorite way of making this dish is with baked tofu squares!
Toasted Tofu Filling:
- 2 Boxes of Organic Firm Tofu.
- 2 Tablespoon of Avocado oil (or oil of choice).
- 2 Tablespoons of Tamari (or Soy Sauce).
- 8 teaspoons of Tapioca Starch (or Cornstarch).
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Drain tofu well & cut into small squares.
- Toss Tofu Squares in Oil & Tamari, then coat with Starch.
- Bake Tofu at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Coat baked Tofu with Thai Sauce, add Mango Fusion & Devour!
- This recipe will serve about 8 people.